Join us for our monthly lecture.
Upcoming on Thursday, September 4, 2014 6:30 p.m.
Supporting Pregnancy with The GenoType Diet
Download our current newsletter, Generations.
Read our archived newsletters.
Here is a selection of works that can help introduce both scientists and laypersons to the principals of generative medicine:
- The Web of Life by Fritjof Capra Capra
- Complexity, A Guided Tour by Melanie Mitchell
- Thinking in Systems: A Primer by Donella H. Meadows
- Linked: How Everything Is Connected to Everything Else and What It Means by Albert-László Barabási
- Re-Engineering Philosophy for Limited Beings: Piecewise Approximations to Reality by William C. Wimsatt
- What is Life? by Erwin Schrödinger and Roger Penrose
- The Re-Emergence of Emergence: The Emergentist Hypothesis from Science to Religion by Philip Clayton and Paul Davies
- Building Bioinformatics Solutions: with Perl, R and MySQL by Conrad Bessant,
- Beginning Perl for Bioinformatics by James D. Tisdall
- Genomic Perl: From Bioinformatics Basics to Working Code by Rex A.Dwyer
- Perl for Exploring DNA by Mark D. LeBlanc and Betsey Dexter Dyer
- Introduction to Bioinformatics by Arthur M. Lesk
Systems/ Computational Biology:
- An Introduction to Systems Biology: Design Principles of Biological Circuits by Uri Alon
- The Regulatory Genome: Gene Regulatory Networks In Development And Evolution by Eric H. Davidson
- Systems Biology by Edda Klipp, Wolfram Liebermeister, Christoph Wierling and Axel Kowald
- Computational Modeling of Gene Regulatory Networks: A Primer by Hamid Bolouri
Evolutionary Developmental Biology:
- Epigenetics by Danny Reinberg and Thomas Jenuwein
Evolution in Four Dimensions: Genetic, Epigenetic, Behavioral, and Symbolic Variation in the History of Life by Eva Jablonka, Marion J. Lamb and Anna Zeligowski
- Personal Genomics and Personalized Medicine by Hamid Bolouri