Euro IFHI 2013: Canterbury England.
Regional Conference and Certification, September 15th 2013
The keynote speaker is Dr. Peter D'Adamo, the well-respected naturopath, researcher, scientist, and the lead researcher on human polymorphisms for over 30 years. Dr. D'Adamo is the author of the international best-seller, Eat Right 4 Your Type as well as 18 other books on the subject. Dr. D'Adamo is currently the Distinguished Professor of Clinical Sciences at the University of Bridgeport in Connecticut, and he is the Director of the Center of Excellence in Generative Medicine. Dr. D'Adamo is the founder and Chair of Scientific Affairs for the INGM. This is a rare opportunity to learn advanced diagnostics and therapeutics in such an intimate environment from a widely acknowledged leader in natural medicine.
Epigenetics and phenotypic plasticity: Methods of assessment and actionable consequences.
Peter D'Adamo, ND, MIFHI
Post-genomic (epigenetic) influences on gene expression are well-recognized factors behind the flux and mutability that characterizes the development of inter-individual differences. However the critical role of the glycome (the complement of glycans of an organism) in the modulation of phenotypic plasticity is far less known. Glycosylation acts as an important 'finishing school,’ imbuing high-value information on to proteins and lipids that controls and regulates cell functions as diverse as morphogenesis, heat shock responses, apoptosis, hormesis, metastasis and phenotypic canalization. Because the glycome is downstream from the genome, its assessment is surprisingly phenotypic in nature. This is especially beneficial to the busy clinician as many interesting and helpful conclusions can be draw in real-time, via surprisingly simple and cost-effective methods.
- To foster greater understanding of how the glycome influences the wider dynamics of inter-individuality and introduce the functional concept of an 'epiglycome'
- To move the nutrigenomic discussion beyond current genome/SNP/haplotype deterministic model, which despite major improvements in throughput, are prohibitively expensive and only marginally predictive
- Understand the basics of glycobiology and how this applies to the clinical assessment of the patient
- Understand the appropriate analytic methodologies (serologic, biometric and dermatoglyphic) that underpin the assessment of the glycome
- Learn appropriate lifestyle suggestions and therapeutic interventions based upon conclusions drawn from 1 and 2
To mark the inception of the new Institute for Naturopathic Generative Medicine (INGM), and it's newer partner organization the International College of Generative Medicine (ICGM), a series of in-depth Regional Conferences are planned on an international scale. Students will benefit from a high tutor-student ratio. The inaugural launch of the IfHI Regional Conference Programme will take place in Canterbury, Kent, UK, home town of naturopathic physicians Tom Greenfield and Jacqueline Greenfield, on September 15th. Those wishing to gain their IfHI Fellow certificate, or existing IfHI Fellows who wish to gain their IfHI Master certificate can do so at the same time.
Keynote Presentation by Dr. Peter D'Adamo ND, MIfHI: Epigenetics and phenotypic plasticity: Methods of assessment and actionable consequences. The intimate nature of this study group will allow for interaction with Dr. D'Adamo during his presentation.
- Presentations by Tom and Jacqueline Greenfield ND, MIfHI, directors of the IfHI European Regional Office
- Welcome and orientation
- Introduction to the new IFHI Infrastructure
- The science behind the GenoType Diet biometrics
- Break: Lunch is provided at the venue, a blood-type friendly vegetarian meal and refreshments.
|Explore beautiful Canterbury||Dr. Tom Greenfield||Dr. Jacqueline Greenfield|
The conference will take place at the Veg Box Cafe, within the city walls of the medieval City of Canterbury.
The event has two options:
- Attendance at the one-day seminar in Canterbury on 15th September: £200 if paid by BACS bank transfer, cheque or debit card over the phone (£210 if paid online or by credit card over the phone)
- Attendance at the one-day seminar on 15th September, plus additional IfHI Fellow or Master training and test preparatory work on 14th September, plus webinar access prior to the conference, plus IfHI certification exam fee: £500 (£527 if paid by online or by credit card over the phone)
For all enquiries and telephone payments please call +44 (0)1227 454 848
For registration and payment please complete the application form below. Your ticket will be confirmed if spaces are available.
For more information and to reserve seating click here.